To be honest, hubby has really had the insane To Do List's each weekend. I've mostly been keeping LL occupied so he can get stuff done. My real lists have just kicked in the past couple of weekends.
For example, one weekend I brought my little girl over to my parents' house so hubby could literally paint the entire upstairs (except the bedrooms). I am in awe of how much he can accomplish in a short period of time. We've put his boat in storage, to free up space for moving boxes and storage crates in the garage. We had new hardwood floors put in both downstairs and up. We have put together probably 15 or 20 bags of items for the Good Will over the past several months (with some more slated to go in a few days). We've sold some items on Craig's List. I scrubbed the bathtub upstairs more thoroughly than I have ever done in my life (it looks great though!) Hubby then painted the master bedroom and walk-in closet this past Saturday - most beautiful blue/grey color I've ever seen. I'm going this evening to purchase some wall art/decor items. I've been scrubbing down random kitchen appliances any free moment I get (except when I am really not in the mood to do so, in which case I decide to post on my blog). =) We're moving the entertainment center downstairs this weekend. Hubby purchased a couch for the downstairs. Lots of last-minute rearranging and cleaning this weekend and then we'll have photos taken for the listing online. Then, we wait and, more importantly, pray that we get people in to see the place.
Obviously this is not the best market for selling, but I'm really trying to not think about that at this point. We will just do everything we can to make the place look great and then the rest is out of our hands. I'd imagine we'll start looking at homes in the coming month or two, but we decided that we, first, need a break for a couple of weekend. Poor hubby hasn't had any free time to himself in the past months. I'd imagine some ice fishing will be in order. =)
Little Lamb is still doing great, by the way. We're trying to stay busy, so as to avoid major stir-crazy, cabin fever-type behavior. She's running around confidently and climbing up onto furniture and kitchen chairs (mommy is nervous!) and playing by herself in longer and longer periods. She LOVES playing with her buddies on play dates and at the various community activities/groups we go to. I can't wait until we can get outside on our stroller rides again and to get to the park, now that she can actually run around on her own. We keep coming up with fun things we want to do with her this summer, now that she is more mobile and interactive. Watch out world, once the warm weather hits (which, in our state could be months away but let's not think the worst).
Lots of love from us to you!


if you need wall art/decor for real estate purposes, please come "shopping" at our house before you go spend money!
ReplyDelete