Happy 4 month birthday to baby today!
LL's doctor appointment was on Friday and she is continuing to do a great job at catching up to where she would have been had she been full-term. She doesn't weigh as much as hubby and I predicted - she's 10 lbs. 2 oz. However, the doctor was really pleased with her weight gain overall and said that the goal for preemies is to double their birth weight by 4 months. So, she's more than tripled her birth weight which is great news. She's just about 22 inches long. On the regular growth chart she is still below the bottom curve, of course, but they go more on her corrected age (using her due date), so she is in the 50th percentile using that measurement. She's in the 80th percentile for head circumference, which we think is hilarious as it reconfirms that she is our little bobblehead baby. =)
Here's a photo I took of her yesterday with her baby leg warmers. She's all ready for her baby dance classes (joking, I haven't signed her up for any...yet).
She's now too big for most of her newborn-size clothing but, as you can see from the photo above, she is still pretty small for the 0-3 month-size clothing. I held up one of her preemie-size sleepers to her the other day and was amazed that she was that small at one point. Actually, I remember we were waiting and waiting until she could wear her preemie clothes and we had to roll up her sleeves and ends of her pants b/c they were still too big. My how things have changed, I'm happy to report.


No comments:
Post a Comment