Yes, many of you may already know about this, but just pretend this is a big, exciting announcement, OK? =)
We are expecting our next little one around January 20th, 2012!!! This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago, so the belly is even bigger now. I'm officially at 18 weeks today.
Everything is going very smoothly so far in this pregnancy, thank God. They were monitoring me to see if I'd have Placenta Previa again and we are ecstatic to say that that doesn't seem to be the case this time around. I had the usual tiredness and pretty bad nausea in the first trimester, but nothing too crazy. I've been feeling great in the last several weeks though and my energy level has finally returned.
We are not going to find out the gender for this baby, because we really liked the surprise element last time. The only thing that will be difficult is that, if it ends up being a boy, he might be dressed in some girl clothing for a week or so until I can buy some boy stuff. Hopefully it won't leave lasting scars on him though. =)
We could not be more excited and are so thankful that God has blessed us once again by entrusting us with a new soul. "A" will be such a great big sister. I'm sure we'll have some jealousy issues like all toddlers, but she is so sweet that I am hoping it will be relatively smooth.
Interestingly, we found out we were pregnant one morning back in May and literally the next morning was when we got the offer on our townhome we were selling. God is too, too kind. It's so nice knowing that we will be pretty settled in this new house before the baby is born. Also really nice is that there are 3 bedrooms on the upper level, so the baby will have his/her own room (once they are big enough to "graduate" from the bassinet in our room, that is).
Thank you so much to all of you who have been praying for us and this baby already. Saying that we appreciate your prayers is an understatement. I'll keep you posted as the pregnancy progresses.



No comments:
Post a Comment