Age Tracker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Prayer Request

Merry Christmas to my wonderful family and friends!!


I am asking for your prayers that the rest of this pregnancy goes smoothly and that baby is born happy and healthy near his/her due date.  I've had some health issues arise in the past few weeks that complicate things and we'd really appreciate your support via prayer.


I have a condition called Coleostasis of Pregnancy, in which my liver and gallbladder can't function properly and cholic acid is released into my bloodstream.  What is means for me is that I have an insatiable urge to itch all of my skin (sleeping is basically impossible), but it doesn't pose major health risks to me.  The real concern is the baby getting these high levels of acids via the placenta.  It causes a whole range of problems that I won't mention here, but it is pretty serious.  


Babies are typically induced  at 36 or 37 weeks, to minimize chances of any negative affects.  However, because I've already had a c-section, I don't "qualify" for induction.  So, I have a C-section scheduled at the hospital for January 6th (I will be 38 weeks along at that date).  I'm disappointed I won't be able to try for a "natural" birth but am fine with doing whatever is best for baby and myself.  Anyways, I have twice/week biophysical profiles (ultrasound testing), non-stress tests, and blood work to make sure baby is still doing fine.  If at any point they are worried about him/her, they rush me into surgery.  


To further complicate things, I had a stomach virus yesterday and it ended up sending me into preterm labor.  Hubby and I were at the hospital overnight as they attempted to stop my contractions.  Eventually they were able to slow them way down and they sent us home this afternoon.  I'm on bed rest, effectively, for as long needed to keep the contractions away.  I'm on a bunch of medications too, to control things.  I feel OK at this point but am still getting mild-moderate contractions on a very sporadic basis.  Basically, we're preparing ourselves to have this baby at any given hour but we're hoping they will be able to stay put for another couple of weeks.  


My hope is that the next post I do is a very happy (and cute) one with photos of an adorable, healthy, new addition to our family.   Lots of love from us to you during this joyous Christmas season!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment