Hi all,
Things are always so hectic the month of December and this December is definitely no exception. Luckily, all of the business is related to fun/positive matters.
Besides growing this little one in my belly, preparing the house for baby, Christmas shopping, and our usual fun activities with "A", we are also fast-approaching the complete remodel of our kitchen/dining rooms. Construction will start on Monday and will hopefully just last 5 or 6 days. We cannot wait for it to be completed and really organize our things (it seems so crammed and disorganized in our current cabinets). I'll post some photos once it's all complete, of course. I'm planning on taking "A" out of the house for as many days next week as I can, as it'll be nearly impossible for her to nap through the noise. Plus, I really don't like the idea of us breathing in all the dust and trying to keep a toddler away from power tools all day. =)
We're planning on staying here for Christmas this year, as I can't do the flight or 15 hour drive being 9 months pregnant (makes me uncomfortable just thinking about it). I'm looking forward to being here and celebrating on the actual day with my side of the family, since we've been out in CO for so many years in a row now. However, I will miss spending it with my husband's wonderful family and will miss the beautiful snow-covered mountains!
"A" continues to make progress (very gradually) in her speech. She's added "nana" (for hubby's mom) and "no" to her vocabulary. Hubby and I were literally cheering and praising her for several minutes the first time she said "no" this past weekend. Then, I looked at hubby and said, "Do you realize that we are probably the first set of parents in the history of humanity to cheer when their toddler learned the word 'no'?" =) We're ecstatic about any new word, even the ones that can prove to be annoying later on.
Cutest thing ever: Hubby informed me one morning that he read about a tumbling class at our community center for 2 year olds and that he was going to sign "A" up for it. It's going to be their special daddy/daughter time each Saturday morning from January through March. Mommy is particularly happy about being able to sleep in (at least until this baby makes his/her appearance...then it will be nice to have dedicated mommy/baby time). I have the world's best husband and he also happens to be the world's best dad!
Hubby's injured fingers are doing better and better each week. He has physical therapy a few times each week and the therapist has been seeing improvement steadily, which is great. He no longer has to wear any type of splint either. He'll probably have another 4 weeks of PT. I'm just so relieved that, if this accident was going to happen, that it happened in time for him to be mostly healed by the time baby shows up. I don't want to think about what it'd be like to change 14 diapers each day all by myself.
Exciting/scary side note: My due date is only 5 weeks away at this point. =)
Lots of love from our family to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment