Age Tracker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Internet Up-and-Running AGAIN

So, this is hopefully the last time that our internet connection gets messed up here at the house. Geek Squad, also known as my two brothers, came over today and fixed my netbook and the comp downstairs. Apparently, I had a virus on my netbook so they backed up all my files onto an external hard drive, restored the computer completely, reloaded all my stuff, set up anti-virus programs, and finally reestablished the wireless connection (our router had also apparently stopped working correctly, so they ran to the store to buy me a new one). Anyways, suffice it to say that I am once again indebted to my brothers for their IT know-how. Best part is that I can pay them in mini cupcakes. =)

The past few weeks here have been a blur of what we think is the start of teething (one of us) and not sleeping (all of us). She's usually such a happy baby, so it has been difficult seeing her in pain but it hasn't seemed that bad in the past few days. I took her in to the doctor's this past Friday, to make sure it wasn't an ear infection or anything more serious which, thankfully, it isn't. We also think that she is getting too much iron again from her oatmeal, which is causing her some major discomfort. Anyways, she got sleep-deprived throughout all the discomfort and that made it all the harder to get her to sleep. So, there was a stretch of 3 days where I slept a total of 4 hours, in 3 different blocks, that is.

She has been sleeping better since the weekend though, fussing from nighttime ritual until 11:30 like clockwork before she will settle down and go to sleep. Then, she sleeps solidly until 6:15 every morning. I am LOVING being able to sleep for more than 3 hours straight, so I am not complaining. However, we are now trying to figure out what is keeping her up in the early night. We give her baby Tylenol when we think she has teething pain, but it doesn't seem to quiet her down, so it is making me think that perhaps the teething issue isn't the main culprit. The plan now is to take her off oatmeal just like we had to do with rice cereal. I'm hoping it helps. We've tried letting her cry for quite awhile, to see if she will go to sleep on her own, but her crying just gets more intense with time and we're not sure if we are comfortable with a full "cry it out" method for her yet. The odd thing is that she sleeps so well during the day. Prayers regarding her sleep would be much-appreciated.

My wonderful mom came over one day last week and again today, to help me out with laundry, dishes, and other tasks that have fallen by the wayside amidst the chaos. She and my mother-in-law have also been especially comforting, offering me advice and helping me to see the big picture.

I had lunch with two of my "fellow mommy friends" on Sunday and it was such a great time. We got to run our various questions and concerns past each other. I can't tell you how relieved I felt afterwards, knowing that I am in fact doing an OK job at being a mom and that I have a great support network. Needless to say, we are instituting these lunches as a monthly occurrence.

I promise I will post some pictures and videos soon. I haven't had a chance to save them onto the comp, so hopefully I will get some time soon to do so. Oh, side note: Taking videos is so much easier now (and have so much better quality) because we have a new video recorder. My parents got it for us for Christmas and we love it (it's a flip video). So, hopefully you will see the improvement in quality on the new videos I post here.

I hope everyone's 2010 is off to a great start! Only a little over 2 months to go before flu season is over and LL can emerge from hibernation. It will be so weird to be able to run to Target with her or to the grocery store. Dad and I are particularly excited for when the three of us can go to Mass together!! Baby and I will also go down to grandma and grandpa's house for visits this Spring and go on stroller rides. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment