Age Tracker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

First Trip to the Pool

Hubby and I took LL to the pool for the first time, this past Thursday evening. We couldn't get over how adorable she looked in her little, yellow swim suit and her little blue sun hat. I held her when we first entered the pool and she gripped onto me for dear life, initially. It was really loud there with the music, fountains, and regular "playing kids noises", so I'm sure that was a factor in her nerves. She didn't fuss or cry at all though...she was just nervous (I had red marks on my shoulders from her tiny fingers to prove it). =)





Of course, she warmed up to the pool (no pun intended) within 10 minutes or so. We ate some dinner (very nutritious options from the concession stand, as you can imagine...don't worry - we brought healthier food for LL from home). Then, hubby took off for the diving board and waterslide, while I took baby into the water with me again. We went down the baby slide, which was all of 4 feet long, but it was still fun. What was truly hilarious was when hubby met up with us and tried going down that same slide with her on his lap and they first got stuck and then soon figured out that his legs were longer than the length of the slide, so they were back in the pool before they even really got to slide. Well, it was hilarious to watch, but probably not hilarious if you're just reading this...sorry. :P

LL's bedtime started approaching, so we got her changed out of her suit and into her also-adorable cover-up dress. Hubby called her "baby Yoda" because of the hood. (Uh oh, I just realized I married a Star Wars nerd...I need to rethink everything....haha JUST KIDDING, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment