Age Tracker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Toddler Time!

As promised, here are the details on LL's past week, which we named "toddler week".

Accomplishments in the past 7 days or so:
  • Can now go from lying down to sitting (preemies tend to be really behind on this and on crawling)
  • Can go from sitting or crawling or lying down up to standing on pretty much every piece of furniture or toy we own. She's still working on the mechanics of pulling to standing just on a flat wall; she still needs something to grip on to.
  • Learned to crawl (finally - yay!) with her tummy off of the floor, on her knees and is really fast at it.
  • Zips around the house pushing her walker toy.
  • Learned to go up stairs and does so really easily and quickly now. (I'm currently working with her on how to go down stairs but that will take a lot more work.)
  • Her cognitive ability has seemed to really take off in the past week or two, also. She seems to really "get" a lot of her more complex toys. Her memory is also noticeably better.
  • Just took her first spoonful of food on her own yesterday. Only at about 10% proficiency at this point but it's still exciting.
Oh, our little girl. Don't get me wrong, I am THRILLED that she is finally learning all of these important tasks/functions. However, I can't help but feel that 5% of me that is sad about my little, cuddly baby growing up and being too active to spend time with her mom. I'm getting way ahead of myself, I know - it's not like she's about to head off to college. =)

Here she is, crawling up the stairs earlier today...

No comments:

Post a Comment