As promised, here are some photos and a video from LL's first experiences with rice cereal.
Sunday afternoon we mixed up the rice cereal and sat her in her swing (we haven't set up her highchair yet). I fed her the cereal while daddy snapped photos and held her hands at times so she wasn't shoving them in her mouth while I was trying to feed her.
As we had predicted, she was SUPER curious and her eyes were bulging out of her head as she tried to take in this new experience. She took to it really well and figured out swallowing without too much dribbling down her face. Once she had one bite finished she would look at me and then at the bowl and/or spoon, to indicate that she was interested in more. She probably had a few tablespoons and all was going well until she suddenly started crying. We figured she had had enough and picked her up to calm her down. She had a little cry session for a while, so maybe it was hard on her system...not sure. Regardless, she was just fine after 15 minutes.
This second photo is actually from Monday evening. The video clip below is also from Monday. We intended to record footage of her on Sunday but she ended up having her mini-meltdown before we had a chance.
We're just going to give her one bowl per day for now and then maybe increase to twice a day this weekend or next week.
What I find the most hilarious about this whole experience is that, before I had a baby of my own I used to think "wow...how fascinating...the baby ate some food" (insert sarcastic tone). And now I am one of the people who is taking photos and videos of it and chronicling every detail. My how things have changed. =)


No comments:
Post a Comment