Her doctor appointment yesterday went really well - she's very healthy, thank God. Daddy and I both underestimated her weight in our guesses. She is 12 lbs. 9 oz! That means she gained over a pound within 9 days (since the nurse visit). I guess I'd believe it though, given how much she has been chowing down lately. =) This puts her into the 30-40th percentile for weight for her birth date (I have to double check with the Dr. though because that seems low and perhaps she meant based on her due date...I'll post a correction if need be). She is 23 inches long, putting her in the 10th percentile. Her head circumference is actually in the 80th percentile, which daddy attributes to her large brain.
The doctor said everything else (ears, eyes, muscle development, cognition, etc.) looks just perfect. There are, of course, a few areas where she is still not where full-term 6 month old babies are, but that is to be expected.
Oooh, exciting - we got the OK to start her on rice cereal and then, if things go well for a month or so, to start her on baby food! Again, I can't believe how big LL is! We're planning on trying out a few tablespoons of rice cereal on Sunday. Yes, you can bet that there will be either some pictures taken or video recorded of the event. I swear, I think everything that she does is photo/video-worthy...don't be surprised if one day there is just a video of LL breathing or blinking or something equally as earth-shattering. =)
Daddy's birthday is Sunday...the big 3-1! As a special treat, my parents have graciously offered to babysit baby for an hour or two so that he and I can go to dinner. We're very excited.
After receiving some sage advice from our friend "L", we are trying to put baby to sleep for the night earlier than we had been. She gets really fussy around 8PM every night and usually daddy walks around with her and we try to calm her down until I start her bedtime routine around 9:15 or 9:30. But, L said to try putting her to sleep before she even reaches this cranky time. A lot of you parents reading this are probably thinking, "duh, of course you put the baby to sleep before their cranky time", but we really had no idea what bedtime to use with her so we're really grateful we got pointed in the right direction. So, we're gradually moving her bedtime earlier...we'll see how it goes.


No comments:
Post a Comment