LL is now:
- Cruising furniture and walls at warp speed 8 (uh oh, I just revealed that I was a Star Trek nerd)
- Practicing lots of new noises, including new laughs
- Quickly pulling our glasses off our faces before we can react (that sneaky girl)
- Eating only finger foods with the very rare jarred baby food
- Favorites include deli turkey, Kix cereal, diced blueberries, sugar-free applesauce that I add a little cinnamon to, graham crackers, mashed up cooked carrots, and as a special treat, pizza.
- Has pulled herself up from sitting to standing using furniture, but hasn't really mastered it yet so she often gets frustrated and starts to fall back down
- I won't even mention sleep b/c I know this is bound to change again any time. I will just say that she is sleeping much better than she had been. To say that I am thankful is putting it extremely mildly.
- Loving her stroller rides every evening with daddy and many days with mommy. So much to analyze about her surroundings.
- Wearing summer dresses pretty much every day, partly b/c she received many of them for her b-day and partly b/c of who her mom is.
- Those who know my irl will now roll their eyes and recall a story where I made them late for something due to my primping or worried about pieces of my ensemble not matching exactly even though we were just going to the college cafeteria for breakfast. =) Those days are gone now, mostly, with mommyhood.
- Going to the beach near our home and splashing in the lake.
- Sitting in the grass and being fascinated with picking individual blades (her new favorite activity).
- Sprouting teeth left and right (technically just left though - her top left tooth and the tooth next to that on the left side both came in within the past 2 weeks).
- Current tooth count is now 4 and the top right one should pop through within the next week or two.
- Napping twice a day, for about an hour and a half each, mostly.
- Opening drawers and cupboard doors to see what kind of new toys she can find (hopefully ones she can chew on and bang around to make loud noises with).
- Army crawling with more and more proficiency. She decided to start crawling a couple of days after her bday. Although she still clearly prefers walking around on furniture and lets you know that she's annoyed with being on the floor after a certain amount of time.
- Loves coming to find mommy or daddy when we walk into a different room upstairs.
- Finally has enough hair to put in a ponytail, so I get to color-coordinate the ponytail holder each day to her outfit. My, the highlights of my life. Don't be jealous. ;)
It hasn't been letting me post any videos the last few times I've tried it so I'll keep trying. There are some really cute ones from this past month of her. I realized that I've been taking primarily videos of her and no photos in June so far. I think it must be b/c she is so active and doing new things each day and so I want to capture that rather than just a snapshot in time. Anyways, hopefully videos to follow at a date in the near future.
Lots of love,
me


No comments:
Post a Comment