Age Tracker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Fun!

This Memorial Day weekend was lots of fun! We did a bunch of things as a family and had plenty of down time to just relax around the house. It was just perfect!

On Memorial Day, itself, we took baby to a nearby lake for her very first beach and lake experience. We slathered on the baby sunblock and put her in the ADORABLE yellow and white swim suit she received as a birthday present from her wonderful and thoughtful great grandmother.

"Come ON already parents! Let's get to the beach."


We set out our big towel in the shady, grassy area near the beach and let LL take it all in. She was very focused on trying to pick up the blades of grass.


Then, it was time to get in the lake! She approached the situation like she does everything, with curiosity and wonder first, followed by excited kicking and smiling once she's analyzed it all (hmmm, sounds like her father - the analyzing, that is. Not the kicking). =)



She, surprisingly, only tried to eat the sand a couple of times. (Side note: I apologize for blinding everyone with my ultra-white skin. I'd like to say it's because it's early in the season and I haven't had a chance to get any color but, let's be honest, the only color I ever get is red.) =) Luckily for LL, she appears to have a darker base skin color than me. Maybe she'll be a beautiful, tan girl like her aunties.


We briefly stopped at the park on our way back to the car. Didn't have time to really play though, as she was overdue for her afternoon nap.

It was such a wonderful time and I'm already planning on taking her sometimes during the work week days, since it is free and so close by. We are also planning on taking her out on hubby's boat sometime soon, as soon as we see if her baby life jacket fits.

I hope everyone else had a great, long weekend! A special "Best Wishes" to M, who got engaged this weekend. Yay! =)

2 comments: