I can't remember if I've already posted on here about LL pulling herself up to standing, so please excuse me if I am redundant.
Here's a short video of baby demonstrating her newest accomplishment, pulling herself up to standing (from sitting on the floor). This was taken almost 2 weeks ago, so she is better at it now. She now also goes easily from sitting to crawling, to kneeling, and up to standing. She still loses her balance at times while trying to get the second leg from the kneeling to standing position. But, she has made great progress in the past few weeks.
She is also IN LOVE with her walker toy (thanks for the great present again Grandma and Grandad M!). She pushes it around the living room and down the hallway. She isn't totally coordinated yet, so I help her steer pretty often. You can tell she is thrilled that this wonderful object helps her to get to pieces of furniture or walls clear across the room - much faster than going around the whole loop on her own. I'll post video of her using the walker soon, hopefully.
If there was any doubt about her "toddler status" before, there isn't any remaining at this point. She is no longer a baby. [*Tear* from mommy] I'm so proud of my big girl!
I hope everyone has a fun and safe Fourth of July weekend! We are actually staying in town instead of going to our friend's cabin like most previous years. We have some plans here and there but are really looking forward to just hanging out as a little family and having hubby home on Monday. I'm sure a trip to the lake is in the cards, along with some leisurely stroller rides. Ahhh, summer - I love you so!


No comments:
Post a Comment