Age Tracker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Great (and Very Much Missed) Outdoors

Cabin fever had officially set in here back in January, so this past week I decided to take her outside every single day that was above freezing. It has been absolutely wonderful - the fresh air and sun have been a welcome experience for both me and baby, who have seen so little of the outdoors this winter.

Monday was too windy to really stay outside for longer than 5 minutes, so we just walked out our downstairs sliding door to get fresh air. But then the rest of the week was a little warmer (35-40 degrees) so we were able to walk down a block or two. There was a little too much snow, ice and water puddles during the week for me to use the stroller so I just carried her the whole way - a great workout for me, by the way. Daddy took her out this weekend in the stroller too, so she is getting her fair share of vitamin D these days. =)

I think the best part about our new ritual is how adorable she looks all bundled up. Here's a photo of her in the snowsuit, hat and mittens, for your amusement...

4 comments:

  1. She is so cute. Have you signed her up for that baby beauty pageant yet? Its best to start them as young as possible, you know. She needs to start earning her keep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. We have already gotten her spray-tanned a few times and had her fitted for her full set of fake teeth just like on "Toddlers in Tiaras". Don't worry, I won't become a crazy stage mom...but I will do everything in my power to win...losing is not an option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case anyone reading this thinks I was being serious with my last comment here please know that I am entirely joking. Just wanted to make that clear. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure sure, you can't try to save face now... too late, we've all judged you

    ReplyDelete