We went over to see "auntie" K and her little boy, E, for just about an hour or two. Can I just say that watching the babies "meet" each other was in my top 5 funniest things I have ever seen in my life. E immediately started laughing and smiling at her and reached out to touch her leg. She had big, curious eyes and kept looking over at me like, "Mom, what is going on? There is another little person like me". It was so cool watching the little wheels turn in her head. LL was a little hesitant at first but did reach out and touch his arm or hand on a few occasions. She did eventually get fussy, as I had expected would happen with all the new stimuli (first time meeting another baby and also she's only been in our home, my parents' house 3 times, and the doctor's office, literally, since we brought her home). She also hadn't really napped that afternoon and was getting hungry too, so I'm sure that didn't help the situation. All in all, though, it was a success!
We (i.e. me) are so excited to have more play dates with friends in the coming months. I'm going to be making calls this week to arrange a few others. Here are a couple of photos from the get-together...




We enjoyed having her over (oh, and you too - ha ha)! Next time we'll get a better pic of them.
ReplyDeleteJust try to tell me with a straight face that you weren't at all thinking about being matchmaker for E and A someday....
ReplyDeleteAnd you try to tell me with a straight face that you never try to play matchmaker with Maestro and cute girl dogs at your fur play dates. hehe =)
ReplyDelete