Age Tracker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Freedom!!

The wait is finally over!!  


April is here, which means that we can now start bringing Little Lamb out into public places and having people over to the house.  We are still amazed that she never got sick this flu/RSV/H1N1 season.  Another testament to the power of prayer.  


We are especially excited about Easter this weekend, as we'll be heading down to my parents' house to celebrate.  We're anticipating LL being scooped out of our arms immediately upon our arrival and having to pry her out of everyone's arms in order to leave that evening.  =)   


I can't even explain how ecstatic I am about being "out of the woods" in this area and to be able to treat her normally (whatever that means).  The three of us can now go to Mass together (starting the weekend after Easter...we think going from complete isolation to a loud place with a thousand people might be a bit much for her off the bat), which is something that daddy and I have been looking forward to since she was born.  I will be bringing her to several play dates with friends and their babies - can't wait to see her reaction to other children, btw. I'm also thrilled that I can now tackle errands without so much planning.  For example, previously if I wanted to, say return something to Target I would let hubby know and then we would figure out when he could be home to watch her while I run out for 20 minutes.  Now, I can just load her into the car and run to Target during a week day.  I do realize it won't be such a simple process, but I just mean it will be more simple than it has been in a lot of ways.  This also means that we can have babysitters and hubby and I can actually go out for an evening together (has happened 2 times since she has been home)...can't wait.


I could go on and on about what fun, new things we can do now but you get the point.  The only downside of this freedom is that now I will have to start wearing "real clothes" instead of PJ's/sweats every day.   =)    


Side note:  Happy B-day to auntie K!  


I will post a summary of LL's NICU Follow-Up Clinic results (appointment was Tuesday) sometime soon, in case you are curious how she's doing in comparison to her age.  It was super interesting and such a valuable experience to have experts on preemies evaluating her and explaining things to us.  Anyways, details to follow at a later date.  


Lots of love from baby, hubby, and myself to all of you!  Happy April (aka "Freedom Month" around our household)!!

1 comment:

  1. I officially offer to babysit! And, I officially offer to take her this Sunday so you & your hubby can go to Mass together :)

    ReplyDelete